Ethical and Issues in Contemporary Nursing 2nd Canadian Edition Burkhardt Nathaniel Test Bank
How can a nursing test bank help me in school?
Think about it like this. You have one text book in your class. So does your teacher. Each text book has one test bank that teachers use to test students with. This is the nursing test bank for the book you have. All authentic chapters and questions and answers are included.
Do I get to download this nursing test bank today?
Since we know that students want their files fast, we listened and made it exactly the way you want. So you can download your entire test bank today without waiting for it.
Is this site anonymous and discreet?
We try our best to give nursing students exactly what they want. So your order is 100 percent anonymous and discreet. We do not keep any logs of any kind on our website and use a 256 bit SSL encryption on our site which you can verify.
What if I order the wrong test bank?
As long as the file is not downloaded, we can give you the correct file. Please send us an email and we will send you the correct file right away.
Can I request a sample before I purchase to make sure its authentic?
If this is the nursing test bank that you want. You can use it right now without having to wait for it. Add this exact test bank to your shopping basket on this website. Thereafter, checkout. Your download link will be provided to you automatically.
What format are the nursing test banks in when I download them?
Most of the formats are going to be in a PDF format. We also have files in Microsoft Word. They can be viewed on your computer or phone.
Amazon has this text book if you would like that as well: Ethical and Issues in Contemporary Nursing 2nd Canadian Edition Burkhardt Nathaniel Test Bank, Email us if you have any questions.
Can I write a review and leave a testimonial on this site?
You certainly can. Please email us by sending an email to us. Many students send us emails thanking us for helping them.
Below you will find some free nursing test bank questions from this test bank:
Chapter 17 –Issues of Gender and Culture
- Which term refers to a disparity in earnings?
ANS: B PTS: 1 REF: p. 418 BLM: Higher Order
- Which of the following is a male patient making the statement that “nurses are well-bred, well-educated specimens of womanhood” an example of?
ANS: A PTS: 1 REF: p. 424 BLM: Higher Order
- Which of the following is a major limiting factor for men still entering into the profession of nursing?
ANS: C PTS: 1 REF: p. 418 BLM: Remember
- An experienced male nurse applies for a position in labour and delivery. Even though he is better qualified than other applicants, the nurse manager hires a female nurse. The manager explains that she wants to protect her patients from being uncomfortable with a male nurse. Which of the following is this situation an example of?
ANS: C PTS: 1 REF: p. 424 BLM: Higher Order
- Which of the following governs employment equity and equal pay for equal work as a right protected in provinces across Canada?
|a.||Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women|
|b.||Equal Wages Guidelines|
|c.||Pay Gap Act|
ANS: B PTS: 1 REF: p. 417 BLM: Remember
- A female nurse manager is overly friendly toward a young male colleague. She makes sexually explicit remarks and often corners him in the medication room, standing uncomfortably close. Which of the following is this behaviour consistent with?
|d.||hostile work environment|
ANS: C PTS: 1 REF: p. 420 BLM: Higher Order
- Which of the following does Williams identify as one of the several hidden advantages to being a man in nursing?
|a.||men have increased responsibility and autonomy in health care|
|b.||men learn and express caring faster than females|
|c.||men are tracked into higher paying and more prestigious positions|
|d.||men are territorial and authoritative with other health care professionals|
ANS: C PTS: 1 REF: p. 418 BLM: Higher Order
- What is one factor that systematic discrimination against lesbians and gay men in nursing results from in health care institutions?
ANS: C PTS: 1 REF: p. 425 BLM: Higher Order
- According to recent statistics, on average, what does a woman get paid compared to a man in a similar position?
|a.||80 percent as much|
|b.||70 percent as much|
|c.||60 percent as much|
|d.||50 percent as much|
ANS: B PTS: 1 REF: p. 417 BLM: Remember
- What is the term for knowing about the values, beliefs, behaviours, norms, and customs of a patient who comes from a culture other than your own?
ANS: A PTS: 1 REF: p. 426 BLM: Higher Order
- Which forms of discrimination are clearly prohibited by Canada’s Charter of Rights and Freedoms ?
|a.||any form of practised inequality|
|b.||unwelcome conduct that detrimentally affects the work environment|
|c.||nurses’ functioning subordinate to multiple layers of authority|
|d.||disparity in earnings existing between men and women|
ANS: A PTS: 1 REF: p. 421 BLM: Higher Order
- Through informal dress and communications, what type of powerful messages may nurses be sending?
ANS: B PTS: 1 REF: p. 424 BLM: Remember
- What is the term for the gender division of labour pertaining to nurses and physician and how they relate to each other in health care settings?
|c.||the doctor–nurse game|
ANS: C PTS: 1 REF: p. 422 BLM: Higher Order
- A nurse’s Aboriginal patient tells her that his health problem was caused by the Manitou and that he needs some blue beads for protection and healing. What does cultural sensitivity direct the nurse to do?
|a.||caringly inform the patient that the Manitou is an old belief and is not real|
|b.||make a mental health referral to a local Aboriginal therapist|
|c.||listen respectfully to the patient’s story and go on with the treatment|
|d.||explore more about the blue beads and try to get some for the patient|
ANS: D PTS: 1 REF: p. 428 BLM: Higher Order
- When are transcultural issues and conflicts more likely to arise?
|a.||when nurses are aware of their own biases and judgments of others|
|b.||when nurses judge other people’s behaviour by their own cultural values|
|c.||when nurses understand their own cultural beliefs and values|
|d.||when nurses avoid judging others based on preconceived ideas|
ANS: B PTS: 1 REF: p. 428 BLM: Higher Order
- What does Achterberg cite in her article Woman as Healer as one of the many issues that challenge nurses?
|a.||nursing gaining professional status|
|b.||the masculinisation of medicine|
|c.||maligning the caring role in society|
|d.||oppression of women|
ANS: B PTS: 1 REF: p. 416 BLM: Higher Order
- Which of the following demonstrates a nurse’s understanding that good communication is key to providing culturally congruent care?
|a.||The nurse determines the patient’s understanding of the nurse’s written and spoken language.|
|b.||The nurse considers a family member to be the best interpreter when the language is different.|
|c.||The nurse understands that his/her own values and beliefs and those of the clients are congruent.|
|d.||The nurse discovers that expectations and patient perspectives are related to acquiring a positive attitude.|
ANS: A PTS: 1 REF: p. 437 BLM: Higher Order