Goulds Pathophysiology for the Health Professions 5th Edition VanMeter Test Bank
How can a nursing test bank help me in school?
Think about it like this. You have one text book in your class. So does your teacher. Each text book has one test bank that teachers use to test students with. This is the nursing test bank for the book you have. All authentic chapters and questions and answers are included.
Do I get to download this nursing test bank today?
Since we know that students want their files fast, we listened and made it exactly the way you want. So you can download your entire test bank today without waiting for it.
Is this site anonymous and discreet?
We try our best to give nursing students exactly what they want. So your order is 100 percent anonymous and discreet. We do not keep any logs of any kind on our website and use a 256 bit SSL encryption on our site which you can verify.
What if I order the wrong test bank?
As long as the file is not downloaded, we can give you the correct file. Please send us an email and we will send you the correct file right away.
Can I request a sample before I purchase to make sure its authentic?
If this is the nursing test bank that you want. You can use it right now without having to wait for it. Add this exact test bank to your shopping basket on this website. Thereafter, checkout. Your download link will be provided to you automatically.
What format are the nursing test banks in when I download them?
Most of the formats are going to be in a PDF format. We also have files in Microsoft Word. They can be viewed on your computer or phone.
Amazon has this text book if you would like that as well: textbook, Email us if you have any questions.
Can I write a review and leave a testimonial on this site?
You certainly can. Please email us by sending an email to us. Many students send us emails thanking us for helping them.
Below you will find some free nursing test bank questions from this test bank:
Chapter 22: Complications due to Pregnancy
- What is the usual time period between the first day of the last menstrual period and the time of birth?
|b.||Termed the gestation period|
|c.||Referred to as gravidity|
|d.||The embryonic period|
ANS: B REF: 585
- Common effects of the expanding uterus during pregnancy include all of the following EXCEPT:
|a.||compression of the urinary bladder.|
|b.||restricted inspiratory volume.|
|c.||low blood pressure.|
ANS: C REF: 585 | 587
- Which of the following indicates development of pregnancy-induced hypertension?
|a.||Proteinuria, edema, and weight gain|
|b.||Persistent blood pressure measuring above 140/90|
|d.||Blood clots forming in the legs|
ANS: B REF: 587
- What is the usual cause of hemolysis of fetal erythrocytes during pregnancy?
|a.||The mother’s blood is Rh negative and the fetus is Rh positive.|
|b.||The parents differ in blood type.|
|c.||The mother receives Rh immunoglobulin early in the second pregnancy.|
|d.||Fetal antibodies enter the maternal circulation.|
ANS: A REF: 588
- What is the likely cause of painless, bright red, vaginal bleeding during the last trimester?
|c.||Disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC)|
ANS: D REF: 588
- Adolescent pregnancy is often considered high risk because of:
|a.||inadequate prenatal care.|
|b.||poor nutrition and lack of vitamin supplements.|
|c.||iron deficiency anemia.|
|d.||All of the above|
ANS: D REF: 590
- Which of the following is a serious potential complication of abruptio placentae indicated by low serum levels of clotting factors?
|b.||Disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC)|
ANS: B REF: 588
- The term primigravida refers to:
|a.||length of time since the first day of the last menstrual period.|
|b.||a woman who is pregnant for the first time.|
|c.||estimated date of delivery.|
|d.||withdrawal of a small amount of amnionic fluid.|
ANS: B REF: 585
- During which time period do teratogens cause major developmental damage to organs?
|a.||First week following fertilization|
|b.||First 2 months|
|c.||Any time up to 6 months|
|d.||During labor and delivery|
ANS: B REF: 584
- Diagnosis of pregnancy is confirmed through elevated serum levels of:
ANS: A REF: 584
- Edema and congestion normally develop in many tissues during pregnancy as a result of:
|a.||reduced kidney function.|
|b.||decreased serum albumin.|
|c.||increased blood volume.|
|d.||increases in blood pressure.|
ANS: C REF: 587
- Which of the following statements applies to eclampsia?
|a.||Elevated blood pressure returns to normal after delivery.|
|b.||Kidney and liver function remain normal.|
|c.||It commonly develops with ectopic pregnancies.|
|d.||Blood pressure is very high and seizures may occur.|
ANS: D REF: 587
- Gestational diabetes in the mother usually results in:
|a.||normal maternal blood glucose levels until the last month of pregnancy.|
|b.||no further indication of diabetes mellitus following delivery.|
|c.||delivery of a high birth-weight infant.|
|d.||no additional complications for the infant or mother.|
ANS: C REF: 588
- Place the following statements regarding Rh incompatibility in the correct sequence. Not all choices are included in each answer.
- Hemolysis of fetal erythrocytes and anemia occur.
- Maternal Rh-negative cells enter fetal blood.
- Fetal Rh-positive cells enter maternal blood.
- Elevated serum bilirubin levels develop in the fetus.
- Antibodies to Rh-positive cells form in maternal blood.
- Maternal Rh antibodies enter the fetal circulation.
|a.||3, 1, 4, 6, 5|
|b.||6, 2, 4, 3, 5, 1|
|c.||3, 5, 6, 1, 4|
|d.||2, 3, 6, 1, 4|
ANS: C REF: 588