Visualizing Nutrition 1st Edition Grosvenor Smolin Test Bank
How can a nursing test bank help me in school?
Think about it like this. You have one text book in your class. So does your teacher. Each text book has one test bank that teachers use to test students with. This is the nursing test bank for the book you have. All authentic chapters and questions and answers are included.
Do I get to download this nursing test bank today?
Since we know that students want their files fast, we listened and made it exactly the way you want. So you can download your entire test bank today without waiting for it.
Is this site anonymous and discreet?
We try our best to give nursing students exactly what they want. So your order is 100 percent anonymous and discreet. We do not keep any logs of any kind on our website and use a 256 bit SSL encryption on our site which you can verify.
What if I order the wrong test bank?
As long as the file is not downloaded, we can give you the correct file. Please send us an email and we will send you the correct file right away.
Can I request a sample before I purchase to make sure its authentic?
If this is the nursing test bank that you want. You can use it right now without having to wait for it. Add this exact test bank to your shopping basket on this website. Thereafter, checkout. Your download link will be provided to you automatically.
What format are the nursing test banks in when I download them?
Most of the formats are going to be in a PDF format. We also have files in Microsoft Word. They can be viewed on your computer or phone.
Amazon has this text book if you would like that as well: textbook, Email us if you have any questions.
Can I write a review and leave a testimonial on this site?
You certainly can. Please email us sending an email to us. Many students send us emails thanking us for helping them.
Below you will find some free nursing test bank questions from this test bank:
Managing Your Weight
- Overweight and obese are defined as conditions when body mass index is ____ and ___ respectively.
- 15-20 and >30
- 20-30 and >30
- 25-30 and >30
- 30-35 and >35
Answer: c; page 188; Level of Difficulty: Easy
- According to latest measurements, approximately ____ are obese.
Answer: b; page 188; Level of Difficulty: Medium
- Which of the following are NOT associated with obesity?
- Increased blood pressure
- Increased risk of Type 2 diabetes
- Sleep and breathing disorders are more common
- Reduced risk of cancer
Answer: d; page 189; Level of Difficulty: Medium
- Experts generally agree for a typical person to reduce obesity, there must be
- a significant change in eating patterns
- a commitment to increase exercise levels
- changes in both diet and activity levels
- none of the above
Answer: c; page 190, Level of Difficulty: Medium
- Which of the following is not a method to determine body composition?
- skinfold thickness measurements
- underwater weighing
- bioelectric impedance
- precise scales used in physician’s offices
Answer: d; page 191; Level of Difficulty: Hard
- Of the choices listed below, the most correct description of ‘body mass index’ is
- a measure of your body fat percentage
- a measure of your body mass
- a ratio of your body weight to body height
- a measure of your lean tissue weight
Answer: c; page 192; Level of Difficulty: Medium
- A pro athlete is likely to have a higher body mass index because
- athletes are usually taller than the general population
- athletes will have greater amounts of body fat
- athletes will have greater amounts of muscle mass
- none of the above
Answer: c; page 193; Level of Difficulty: Hard
- Which of the following is thought to present the greatest health risk?
- excess subcutaneous body fat
- excess visceral fat
- intake of fat containing polyunsaturated fatty acids
- none of the above
Answer: b; page 193-194; Level of Difficulty: Medium
- Which is NOT true regarding genetics and obesity?
- Experts agree that the genes you inherit from your parents influences your body composition
- Experts believe that about 10 different genes may influence obesity
- A genetic defect in the leptin gene may make mice weigh twice that of a normal mouse
- a, b, and c are all true
Answer: b; page 194-197; Level of Difficulty: Hard
- Examples of internal signals that control hunger or satiety include all except
- signals from the adipose tissue
- signals from the gastrointestinal tract
- signals provided nutrient levels circulating in the bloodstream
- a, b, and c are all valid examples
Answer: d; page 195-197; Level of Difficulty: Medium
- All are examples of signal molecules that directly control hunger or satiety except:
- peptide PYY
Answer: d; page 196-197; Level of Difficulty: Easy
- Which of the following statements regarding obese individuals is not true?
- they usually have a slower metabolism
- they are less efficient at burning off excess calories
- they tend to be less active than normal weight individuals
- all of the above are true
Answer: a; page 197-198; Level of Difficulty: Medium
- Which nutrient type normally cannot provide the body with energy?
- all of the above can provide energy
Answer: d; page 199, Level of Difficulty: Medium
- A food item can be legally labeled as “low calorie” is it contains no more than ____Calories per serving.
Answer: c; page 200; Level of Difficulty: Hard
- Basal metabolism accounts for ____ percent of your body’s total energy expenditure.
Answer: d; page 201; Level of Difficulty: Easy
- The second greatest component of your daily energy expenditure is
- basal metabolism
- energy expended in physical activity
- diet-induced thermogenesis
- estimated energy expenditure
Answer: b; page 201-202; Level of Difficulty: Medium
- When your energy intake exceeds your needs, your body responds by
- increasing stored energy and body fat
- increasing your body temperature slightly
- releasing stored glycogen from the liver
- releasing stored fat from adipose tissue
Answer: a; page 203; Level of Difficulty: Easy
- The current recommendations for energy intake in the United States is based on
Answer: c; page 204; Level of Difficulty: Hard
- Which factor would NOT influence your personal estimated energy requirement?
- body weight
Answer: c; page 205-206; Level of Difficulty: Medium
- Direct, rather than estimated energy requirements can be measured using all except:
- direct calorimetry
- indirect calorimetry
- doubly-labeled water method
- a, b, and c are all appropriate methods
Answer: d; page 164; Level of Difficulty: Hard
- Experts generally agree that the reason there is more obesity today than 30 years ago is that
- people generally eat more
- our lifestyles are different, promoting obesity
- consumption of fast food meals are more common
- all of the above
Answer: d; page 208; Level of Difficulty: Easy
- If you are considering weight loss, a dietician might provide you with the following advice:
- you should first assess your BMI and the health risks your body weight presents
- even a small reduction in body weight could prove to be beneficial
- weight loss is not recommended in all situations, for example while pregnant
- all of the above would be valid recommendations
Answer: d; page 209-211, Level of Difficulty: Medium
- Which factor would be the most important factor to accomplish weight loss?
- decrease energy intake
- increase physical activity
- change behaviors that resulted in obesity in the first place
- a, b, and c are all important and it would be difficult to place one as more important than the others
Answer: d; page 211-213; Level of Difficulty: Hard
- An underweight individual who has difficulty gaining weight might be encouraged to do all except:
- have a physical exam
- reduce intake of energy-dense foods
- replace water intake with fruit juices or milk
- choose snacks like nuts or peanut butter
Answer: c; page 166; Level of Difficulty: Easy
- Sound clinical advice for individuals wanting to lose weight include all except:
- observe serving sizes and don’t supersize fast food meals
- reduce consumption of high-calorie foods such as pastry or candy
- learn to live with hunger
- if you want to eat extra calories, exercise more often
Answer: c; page 214; Level of Difficulty: Medium
- Which is most likely to be correct regarding specific diet programs that will be successful?
- To be successful, they must produce rapid weight loss to provide motivation
- The approach must be able to be followed for a lifetime
- They should not use too much variety in the food choices, keeping things simple
- They should not use nutrient-dense foods
Answer: b; page 214-216; Level of Difficulty: Hard
- Which weight loss program is considered to produce rapid weight loss and unsafe if undertaken without medical supervision?
- Jenny Craig
- Weight Watchers
- South Beach
Answer: c; page 216; Level of Difficulty: Hard
- Pre-packaged or commercially-available diet products all provide the following benefits except:
- they control serving size
- they control caloric content
- they control vitamin and mineral content
- they are convenient, especially while traveling or eating out
Answer: d; page 216-217; Level of Difficulty: Easy
- Low-fat diets are not necessarily low in calories. An example of a low-fat food high in energy density would be:
- fat-free, sugar-free cookies
- fat-free cookies
- none of these foods could be high in energy density
Answer: c; page 217-218; Level of Difficulty: Medium
- Which are true regarding low-carbohydrate diets?
- very low carbohydrate diets can cause ketosis and weight loss
- it is better to refrain from eating unrefined rather than refined carbohydrates
- replacing carbohydrate-containing foods with other food choices may not reduce caloric intake
- a, b, and c are all correct
Answer: a; page 218; Level of Difficulty: Medium
- Problems with weight-loss drugs or supplements include all of the following except
- weight loss observed during use usually reverses when drug use stops
- supplements are not regulated as drugs are, and could prove to be unsafe
- there are no acceptable prescription drugs available at present promoting weight loss
- all of the above are true
Answer: c; page 220; Level of Difficulty: Hard
- For which individual would a weight loss surgical procedure be considered?
- BMI above 35
- BMI above 40
- An individual with severe type 2 diabetes
- An individual with very high cholesterol levels
Answer: b; page 221; Level of Difficulty: Easy
- Which is not considered a traditional eating disorder?
- Binge-eating disorder
Answer: d; page 221-226; Level of Difficulty: Easy
- Which is not a characteristic associated with anorexia?
- lower than average body weight
- self-restricted food intake
- normal menstrual periods
- low self-esteem
Answer: c; page 221-224; Level of Difficulty: Medium
- Which is not a characteristic associated with bulimia?
- usually normal body weight
- regular purging
- menstrual period abnormalities
- low self-esteem
Answer: c; page 221-227; Level of Difficulty: Easy
- What percentage of female adolescents are estimated to have anorexia nervosa
Answer: b; page 222; Level of Difficulty: Hard
- What is the average age of onset of anorexia nervosa?
Answer: c; page 222; Level of Difficulty: Easy
- What physical problems are associated with purging?
- tooth decay
- esophageal inflammation
- high blood pressure
Answer: d; page 224-225; Level of Difficulty: Easy
- Experts suggest that the cause or causes of eating disorders may be best described as
- mainly genetic
- mainly psychological or societal
- there are genetic and societal contributions
- an infectious agent may cause some cases of anorexia and bulimia
Answer: c; page 226-228; Level of Difficulty: Hard
- Which might be helpful to recognize and/or treat an eating disorder?
- accept the fact that every person has a unique body shape and size
- recognize your own positive qualities
- recognize that magazine models are unusual, not the norm with respect to their shape and body weight
- all of the above.
Answer: d; page 226-229; Level of Difficulty: Easy